Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pain Journal

I wake up and try to take a deep breath, but the deeper the breath the more severe the pain. The ground is hard beneath my back, and I feel a dull pain in my arm. My vision was shaky and the bright lights on the mountain were blinding. The last thing I remembered happening was flying through the air without control of my body. I slipped as I flew off the jump and the rotation of my body and my snowboard was completely off. From this point on, I was simply a projectile flying at the will of gravity. Still laying in the snow, the paramedics were huddled over me, making sure I wasn't severely injured. I heard them say that my arm was broken. In addition to my broken arm, my head was throbbing  and pulsing with pain. I glanced over to the giant replay screen and watched the replay of my fall. It was painful to watch myself fly helplessly through the air and crash into the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment