Monday, February 28, 2011

House Journal

"The house is made of brick, wood, and concrete" said the tour guide. I could tell this old house meant a lot to him from the twinkle in his eye when he spoke. My eyes however were squinted because he chose to stop and talk with us facing straight into the bright midday sun. He was as gabby as tour guides come. I love history but I wasn't really sure why we took a class trip to go see some old house wobbling on the top of a mountain. I guess it was pretty cool though how this house was still up there. It was pretty impressive in fact. What was nearly as impressive was that back when people still lived in this house, they would drive a wagon up and down the steep mountain path everyday. Our modern schoolbus had a difficult time climbing the bumpy road so I can't even imagine what the trip would be like in a wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment