Monday, February 14, 2011

Simile Poem

My trip to NYC this past weekend was the closest thing to a perfect weekend as I have ever had. It was like a dream. Even waking up early every morning like a bear coming out of hibernation couldn't ruin the trip. My favorite parts of the trip were dancing at the Cotton Club on going on the dinner cruise. The fact that these were my favorite parts of the trip came as a huge surprise to me. It was like a total underdog team coming through unexpectedly and winning the championship. I wasn't really looking forward to these parts of the trip much like a child who doesn't want to eat his vegetables. In the end, these 2 nights were extremely fun and I think that partially has to do with me not expecting them to be fun. On the dinner cruise, I danced like an fool without a care in world. At the Cotton Club, the charming gentleman in me came out when I asked girls to dance and I really surprised myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment